Our organization is 100% volunteer driven. Our volunteers are like gold! They bring a wealth of gifts and talents and enthusiasm to the Food Pantry. They are as crucial to our success as any donations. These dedicated people live our vision of neighbors helping neighbors!
Volunteers are always needed and always welcome! There are a variety of opportunities for people to get involved.
- Help with unloading the delivery truck for 15 minutes every other week. This is a great opportunity for groups like sport teams or clubs to get involved with a small time committment but providing a big benefit.
- Assist clients in getting their food. This is a 2 1/2 hour commitment one time per month.
- Helping stock shelves when the food is delivered. This involves 1 1/2 hours every other week.
- Delivering Backpack Buddies sacks to the elementary school on Fridays at 11:30am. This is a 1 hour time commitment every six weeks.
- Delivering food to home bound clients. The first Wednesday of every month is when delivery is made to these clients. The time spent would be 1 hour.
- Planning a fund raising (or food collecting) event or special project for the Pantry’s clients. These events and projects vary with people interest: One women’s club collected diapers, while another put together Halloween treat bags for the children whose families use the Pantry. One Boy Scout troop had a canned food drive at the local Dollar General for specific can goods the Food Pantry needed while a local Girl Scout troop collect cake mixes, frosting mixes and candles to make sacks so children using the Pantry can choose their own birthday cake. Graceland students have done several canned food drives and fundraisers.