The Lamoni Food Pantry provides many services besides helping families with food. We are always looking for ways to provide help and support to those families who need an extra boost.
- Pantry Distribution – families in need receive various food, personal care items (including diapers), and a food certificate for the Lamoni Hy-Vee once a month. (Times and location located in the right sidebar.)
- Backpack Buddies Program – This program is supported by John Deere and private donors. It is open to students at the elementary school on the free or reduced lunch program. Those students can receive a sack of kid friendly food on Friday to take home for the weekend.
- School Supply Campaign – The summer of 2015 will be our fifth year of providing vouchers to Lamoni School children from low income families for school supplies. The voucher allows the student/families to shop at the local Dollar General store for the school supplies they need for their classes. New backpacks are also provided.
- Winter Glove Program – for the last four years in November the Food Pantry has provided winter gloves for each member of the families who use the Pantry. The Dekko Foundation has generously provided the funds for the children’s gloves
- Emergency Financial Assistance Fund – This program provides funds to assist families who have emergency needs. This might include help with rent, utilities, gas to get to medical appointments, medicine, etc. Families will go through an interview process to determine the extent of their need.
- Special Requests – Persons who are homebound or require an elevator can call to get information about alternative options. To learn about these options, see the contact information.